Pinterest

Monday, July 5, 2010

Growing up with my child




Camp Wood TX. was the small hill country town my grandparents retreated to and i spent every happy summer at...i remember the rivers being so clear that the giant catfish would seem to wink at you as they swam by...saying the waters fine jump on in...

every other Sunday after church we would load up my Grandparents car with a cooler and blanket and head south to Uvalde...this was market day...it took about an hour and the ride there and back was always my favorite part of the trip...

pillow in hand and only the clouds to keep me company i was free to daydream away the hour...to my liking i always had great stories lined up waiting at a moments notice to spring to life and become an everlasting part of my wildly overacted imagination...

cell phones,ipods,a ds,and all the other electronics so easy to carry around were no where to be found...my own daughters can not walk out of the house not even for a short ride without the attachment of a plastic box adhered somewhere to their body...

i truly believe that my own children are missing out on simple act and beauty of looking up towards the clouds and looking out to the horizons...taking a step outside... walking a pond the earth and not just through it should not be a distraction for all those blinking and beeping lights we are so accustomed to carrying around...

i find myself even now grown... sitting at a stop light looking towards the sky hoping to find even for a moment those pass daydreams that are ingraved in my still overacted imagination...and those happy summers spent as a child...

No comments:

Post a Comment